Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Review of Afro - Vegan

I love food, who does not. However, I am changing my food habits. I decided to start eating smarter and healthier for great reasons.  Health is my number one reason. I decided that I wanted to learn vegan and Raw recipes so here I begin.

Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean, and Southern Flavors Remixed
  I love this book. I have tried over 20 recipes and enjoyed most of them including family members. If I was not satisfied with the taste either the hubby or guest was so it was a win, win for me
I left myself open to all kinds of 'clean' foods. Those i regularly eat and those i don't like as well as trying new foods.
The recipes I enjoyed were:
Spicy Mustard Greens
Tofu Curry with Mustard Greens
Muscovado-Roasted Plaintains
Twice Baked Sweet potatoes with Winter Salsa
Collards and Cabbage with Lots of Garlic
Glazed Carrot Salad
Smashed Potatoes, Peas and Corn with Chile-Garlic Oil
These are definitely part of my staple foods to cook.

There was not any that i just didnt like to the point of not wanting to try because if i didnt like it my hubby did.
I liked the Sweet Plantain and fresh Corn Cakes also the Skillet Cornbread with Pecan Dukkah

I enjoyed the selection of recipes that is included, which covered cold drinks, preserves and porridge sections.  I really liked the conversion chart located in the back also. The menu suggestions were on point and the TIPS were a delight.   I completely loved the book.  You will Definitely love the book.  This books sits on my shelf as a DARN GREAT READ with a 5 star review rating.


4 comments:

  1. Plantains and Corn Cakes actually sound really good right now! I love plantains! I have a friend who is a vegan. I think he might enjoy this book as he is always polling facebook about new food ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidne where are you! Come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly energetic post, I loved that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete